Sport Injury Treatment with our Crofton Chiropractor
Our chiropractor team at Capitol Rehab of Crofton is honored to be a valuable resource for athletes from Crofton and surrounding Maryland communities, including Bowie, Gambrills, and Odenton. We're led by Dr. Shaun R, McClenny, a licensed provider of the Active Release Technique and licensed Ironman Provider.
Whether you're an elite level competitor or just starting to exercise for the first time, we believe your athletic experience can truly get to the next level with chiropractic care! And while certain sports are inherently more risky for sports injury (especially contact sports and high impact sports involving running, jumping, and pivoting), an acute or chronic issue can occur to anyone participating in the exercise.
Tips from Our Chiropractors in Crofton for Avoiding Sports Injury
- Avoid, minimize, or eliminate known sports injury risk factors. These include over-training, poor technique, poor equipment, inadequate rest and recovery, poor nutrition and hydration.
- Consult with a chiropractor in Crofton ASAP if you're feeling a nagging injury. If left untreated, acute issues can devolve into chronic problems that can limit your physical abilities or grow more severe over time (where they may begin to impact other areas of your life outside of sports and exercise!).
- Consider consulting with a chiropractor even if you feel "fine." Our staff can identify hidden warning signs of injury including muscle length abnormalities and areas of weakness or inflexibility. By addressing these hidden imbalances and optimizing things like breathing and posture, we can help you perform better than ever.
Common Types of Sports Injury
We diagnose the following types of sports injury frequently:
- Muscle strains
- Joint and ligament sprains
- Tendonitis and bursitis (biceps and Achilles' tendonitis are common)
- Tennis elbow/golfer's elbow (lateral/medial epicondylitis)
- Runner's knee (inflammation on the underside of the kneecap)
Sports Injury Treatment with Our Crofton Chiropractors
Even with the best prevention and preparation, not all sports injuries are avoidable (especially ones involving accidents like collisions and falls). Here's what you can expect from sports injury treatment with our Crofton chiropractors:
- Customized Sports Nutrition & Movement Programs: our 4-, 8-, and 12-week cycles help you optimize your performance, healing, and recovery in-season and off-season
- Physical Rehabilitation: we use exercises and special modalities like Kinesio Tape and the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill to help you regain flexibility, strength, endurance, circulation, proprioception, body awareness, and range of motion
- Chiropractic Care: massage, adjustments, and Graston and Active Release techniques can reduce pain, restore and improve spinal alignment, trigger tissue healing, and break-up restrictive adhesions and scar tissue
Sidelined by a Sports Injury? Connect With Our Crofton Chiropractor Staff in Crofton, MD
Get your FREE initial consultation scheduled by contacting our Crofton chiropractor team now at (410) 451-3561!