Scoliosis Care from Our Crofton Chiropractor
As a disorder that can affect people of all ages, scoliosis is something that can be both painful and frustrating. Nevertheless, various treatments can be administered by a qualified chiropractor to help manage it. If you are a resident of Crofton, MD, the following is a closer look at scoliosis and how our chiropractor at Capitol Rehab of Crofton may be able to help you.
What is Scoliosis?
Scoliosis is a disorder that causes a sideways curvature of the spine. Most often occurring in teens who are experiencing growth spurts, scoliosis can also result from conditions like muscular dystrophy and cerebral palsy. Additionally, it can be accompanied by the following issues:
- An uneven waist
- Uneven shoulders
- One hip higher than the other
- One shoulder blade that is visibly higher than the other
Most Common Risk Factors of Scoliosis
Although scoliosis can occur in people of all ages and all levels of health, the most common risk factors associated with scoliosis are as follows:
- Age: As mentioned, it is most common for people to be diagnosed with scoliosis during the growth spurt, which typically occurs just before puberty.
- Sex: Girls are much more likely to have scoliosis than boys.
- Family History: Although scoliosis can be genetic, some kids who are diagnosed with this disorder do not have a family history of it.
Chiropractic Care from Our Crofton Chiropractor
If you are in need of treatment for scoliosis, we offer the following options:
- Adjustments: One potential treatment method is spinal adjustments, which can help reduce pain and relieve spinal pressure.
- Counseling: Another method of treating scoliosis is by counseling patients to help them improve their posture and learn how to move in ways that decrease the pain.
- Strengthening Exercises: Teaching patients strengthening exercises can also help support the joints and minimize symptoms.
Contact Our Team from Capitol Rehab of Crofton Today
If you are suffering from scoliosis, we are here to help. No matter how severe your symptoms may be, our team of chiropractic professionals at Capitol Rehab of Crofton is here to help you reclaim your life moving forward. Feel free to call 410-451-3561 or use our online system to schedule a consultation with our Crofton doctor and allow us to create a personalized treatment plan to help you find relief on both the short- and long-term basis.