When to See a Chiropractor in Crofton
Traditional medical treatments do not always provide long-term relief for nagging pain or ailments that just won't go away. Sometimes it requires seeing a chiropractor in Crofton, MD, or a city nearby. For instance, Dr. McClenny and Dr. Horne of Capitol Rehab of Crofton provides chiropractic services to Maryland residents who prefer drug-free pain relief and holistic healing. Our goal is to eliminate pain, increase mobility, and optimize body functions.
Signs You Need to See a Chiropractor
You can visit us and get lasting relief for any of these conditions:
- Pain: Acute or chronic neck pain, shoulder pain, upper or lower back pain, and knee pain are common reasons patients come for chiropractic care. Pain usually starts from sports injuries or a spinal injury following an auto accident. It can also show up gradually as people age. Degenerative conditions that cause chronic pain include osteoarthritis, spinal stenosis, and facet syndrome.
- Pinched Nerve: This includes a compressed nerve anywhere along the spine (spinal cord compression), hand (carpal tunnel syndrome), or sciatic nerve (sciatica). Sciatica is notorious for causing disabling low back pain.
- Bulging or Herniated Disc Pain: The intervertebral discs between the backbones can bulge or rupture because of back injuries, poor posture when lifting heavy objects, and wear and tear on the spine.
- Whiplash: A common auto accident injury that causes mild to severe neck pain. The sources of whiplash pain include muscle sprains, strains, or tears, dislocated cervical joints, or a herniated disc.
Chiropractic also addresses spinal misalignment, muscle strains, fibromyalgia, plantar fasciitis, concussions, headaches, migraines, and sleep apnea.
Looking for Chiropractic Care in Crofton, Maryland?
We will do a detailed physical exam. We may also perform a neural exam, X-ray, CT scan, or MRI using state-of-art diagnostic equipment. We may decide to treat you based on your symptoms, medical history, and test results. Your customized treatment plan can include the following non-invasive treatment methods:
- Chiropractic Adjustment: Spinal adjustment is primarily used to realign the spine and alleviate pain, inflammation, and reduced mobility linked to injury and spinal degeneration. However, we can perform extremity adjustments to correct shoulder, knee, and other joint problems.
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression: An FDA-approved technique appropriate for relieving pain from disc injury and pressure on the nerve. Overall, spinal adjustments and decompression therapy provide an effective and natural way to heal the spine, improve mobility, and restore musculoskeletal balance.
Acupuncture, massage therapy, and physical therapy are other holistic methods that relieve pain, heal the injury, and strengthen the body.
Request an Appointment with a Trusted Chiropractor
Our wellness team at Capitol Rehab of Crofton is always happy to schedule you in for a visit. We welcome anyone in need of chiropractic care, even though we are in Crofton, MD. Call 410-451-3561 to book an appointment today.