Massage Therapy From Capitol Rehab of Crofton
Although many seem to take it as more of a recreational pastime, there are a vast amount of benefits of massage therapy. If you are a resident of Crofton, the following is a closer look at the definition and benefits of massage therapy as well as why you should entrust the Capitol Rehab of Crofton with your massage therapy treatments.
What is Massage Therapy?
For those who are yet unfamiliar, massage therapy is a term used to describe a type of treatment in which a trained medical professional manipulates the soft tissues of the body (skin, ligaments, muscles, connective tissues, and tendons) with the use of varying degrees of movement and pressure. Although massage therapy can be used as a standalone treatment, it is often a part of a larger treatment plan to help patients reduce pain and boost mobility overall. This is where finding a qualified chiropractor becomes vital to people suffering from issues of all kinds.
What are the Benefits of Massage Therapy?
In terms of the benefits of massage therapy, some of them are as follows:
- Pain Reduction
- Stress Relief
- Anxiety Reduction
- Muscle Tension Reduction
- More Restful Sleep
- Ease Symptoms of Depression
- Improvement of Cardiovascular Health
- Reduction of Arthritis Symptoms
- Improved Quality of Life for Hospice Patients
- Lower Blood Pressure
- Improved Range of Motion
- And More
Massage Therapy Services We Offer
If you are seeking massage therapy services, we here at the Capitol Rehab of Crofton offer the following services:
- Sports Massage: Given that sports can cause a lot of wear and tear to the body, many athletes turn to massage therapy as a means of providing relief. These treatments can be administered prior to games, after games, or both.
- Therapeutic Massage: Another popular service we offer is the therapeutic massage. These massages are administered to those who suffer from things such as depression, anxiety, etc. and tend to store painful tension in various areas of the body.
- Deep Tissue: Another massage therapy service we offer is the deep tissue massage. These massages are designed to relieve pain and tension that is well below the skin's surface.
- Trigger Points: This type of massage involves focusing on the trigger points within the body, which are spots in your muscles that can cause pain in other areas of the body.
- Swedish: This type of massage therapy is one of the most well-known types of massage therapy. It involves kneading the muscles in a rhythmic way which is designed to ease pain that is far below the surface of the skin.
Call Capitol Rehab of Crofton Today!
If you are a resident of Crofton who is seeking massage therapy services, we are here to help! Contact us today to discuss your massage therapy needs and schedule an appointment for an assessment. We can create a personalized treatment plan for you and your loved ones. Reach us at (410) 451-3561.